Elen's Castle Hotel in Dolwyddelan near Betws-y-Coed offers comfortable bed & breakfast accommodation to suit all tastes.
- All rooms are en-suite
- Free Wi-Fi for hotel guests
- Selection of rooms including family suite
- Evening meals available in the restaurant
Our hotel offers a unique place to relax at the heart of the Snowdonia National Park in North Wales between Betws-y-Coed and the Crimea Pass.
Retaining its original character and many fittings, Elen’s Castle Hotel in Dolwyddelan near Betws-y-Coed has bedrooms to suit all tastes including four-poster rooms offering fantastic views over the Lledr Valley and river, family suites and accommodation to suit all groups. The hotel provides bed and breakfast accommodation with evening meals available in the restaurant. We also have a bunkhouse for the traveler on a budget!
All rooms are ensuite and several have baths as well as showers. Each room is well-equipped and furnished for your comfort with a TV/DVD player, tea/coffee, hairdryer, alarm clock and wireless broadband internet connection. To ensure a good night’s sleep, all our beds are firm (so no roll-together!). Room service is available.
You are assured of the highest standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel.
If you are celebrating a special occasion, or just want a treat, you can pre-order a bottle of chilled champagne or sparkling wine to be waiting for you on arrival.
We welcome groups of all sizes and children and we can provide travel cots and cot bedding for a small surcharge (pre-ordering of cots and cot bedding is essential).
We welcome well-behaved dogs on the understanding that they are never left unattended in the bedrooms. Dogs are welcome in the bar and bar-lounge where you can enjoy an evening meal although space is limited so booking is recommended. Breakfast is only served in the restaurant where dogs are not allowed so we ask that dogs are put in their owners’ car during breakfast. We charge £5 per night for dogs.
If you are planning a Christmas/New Year break in Snowdonia then see the details of our post Christmas breaks and New Year Packages.
Bed & Breakfast Tariff
The hotel tariff is shown below (prices are per room).
- Room 1 – Double room with large bathroom with bath and shower.
- Room 2 – Double 4-poster room with beautiful views & ensuite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Room 4 – Double room with beautiful views and a small ensuite shower room.
- Room 6 – Double room with garden view and ensuite shower room.
- Room 8 – Budget double room with garden view and ensuite shower room.
- Suite 10 – Family/group suite (master double room, single room, room with bunk beds.
- Room 12 – Twin ensuite.
- Room 14 – Double ensuite with bathroom with bath and shower.
- Bunkhouse Accommodation – this is one room sharing a bathroom with a shower. There are 2 bunkbeds. We accept bookings from singles up to groups of 4 persons. Larger groups should look at the family/group suite in the main hotel. There are no cooking facilities in the Bunkhouse but food can be purchased from the Hotel. Please bring sleeping bags with you. Use of hotel facilities is included.
- All prices are per room (except the bunkhouse accommodation)
- At Easter and bank holidays there is a minimum of 3 nights booking.
- All prices include a full cooked breakfast and taxes.
- Children under 2 are free. We have travel cots and cot bedding available. Travel cots are £6.50 per stay and cot bedding is £3.50 per set. Pre-booking is essential.
- Discounts may be given for single occupancy dependant on availability (please phone 01690 750207 for details).
- Check in time is after 3 p.m. Check out time is by 10.30 a.m.
- We accept most Credit/Debit Cards.
- We respectfully remind guests that a reservation made directly with the hotel (not one made via a third party agent e.g. booking.com) constitutes a contract between themselves and Elen’s Castle Hotel.
- For such direct bookings, in the event of cancellations, alterations or reduction of numbers by the client, the Hotel will undertake to mitigate its losses and to re-let the room at similar rates.
- For direct bookings, the Guest will be responsible for the loss incurred by the Hotel in the event that rooms remain unoccupied, or are occupied at a lower rate than the date the room was originally booked.
- For direct bookings, the cancellation charges imposed by the Hotel will therefore reflect the actual loss.
- Any postponement of confirmed direct bookings will be treated as cancellation.
- We reserve the right to amend our tariff without notice.
Book Direct for Best Prices!
Please book direct through the book online links on our website, or phone 01690 750207, for the best prices, late deals and special offers. You will receive instant email confirmation.
What Our Guests Say
Lovely cosy hotel. Comfortable rooms and yummy breakfast. Would definitely recommend to friends.
- Mrs. Laura Munden
Stayed in the family suite, the kids loved it and it was great they could move from room to room without disturbing other guests. We had a meal in the restaurant, food was gorgeous and the staff very friendly and helpful. All reassuring when you have two young children who can't sit still! All in all a very good stay.
- Sarah Shaw